When a personal injury happens in Illinois, it is essential that you get a personal injury attorney to handle any legal matters that may arise. You should expect to work with a personal injury attorney who gives you respect and is always working for you, with your interests in mind. Many people start to worry when looking at who they should hire as their personal injury attorney, especially if they have never worked with a law firm before. There are 5 aspects that a person should consider when hiring a personal injury attorney to represent them.
1. Communication The key to any relationship is communication, and this includes the communication between you and your personal attorney. Notice how they talk with you when you first meet them and how easily they are to get a hold of. You will notice right away if the attorney listens to you and is compassionate about your case or not.
2. Experience You want to ensure that your attorney has experience in cases that are similar to yours. The more experienced a lawyer is in dealing with this specific case, the more they can help you along the way.
3. Availability You are not always going to need to talk to your attorney during regular business hours, so you need to know that the attorney is there for you, even after the business has closed for the night. You want to ensure that the attorney can be contacted whenever he or she is needed.
4. Legal Fees You will want to know upfront what types of fees you are going to be expected to pay. Most personal injury attorney’s are going to work on a contingency fee, meaning that they do not get paid until you get paid.
5. Guarantees The personal attorney you choose should let you know that there is no guarantee in results. Every case is different, thus they should give you their honest opinion on the reality of you winning your case, as well as a timeline for when the case will be completed.
When you suffer a personal injury accident, then you need to ensure that you have someone who is ready to fight for you and help you through this period of time in your life.
If you have been injured in an accident, contact Mike Agruss Law, at 312-224-4695 for a free consultation. We are a firm representing individuals and families who have suffered an injury or loss due to an accident. Mike Agruss Law, will handle your personal injury case quickly, will advise you every step of the way, and will not hesitate to go to trial for you.
Lastly, Mike Agruss Law, does not get paid attorney’s fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. Therefore, you have nothing to risk when you hire us–just the opportunity to seek justice.