We often take for granted the genuine danger that a chain saw can present, especially when they are so often seen in horror movies and video games. However, chain saws can be an extremely dangerous piece of equipment in the hands of someone who is not properly trained in their usage or the proper protocols to keep the user and any bystanders safe. Many of the injuries sustained in chain saw accidents are due to poor judgment, recklessness, or a lack of understanding of the safe usage of this tool.
If you have been injured in a chain saw accident, contact Mike Agruss Law for a free consultation. We are a Chicago-based injury law firm representing individuals (and their families) who have suffered an injury in an accident. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Mike Agruss Law is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.
Chain Saw Safety
Chain saw operators are not required to possess any special licenses, nor is there any formal training required to use a chain saw. Without training, an inexperienced chain saw operator puts themselves and others at risk for serious and deadly injuries.
Some of the guidelines that should be followed when operating a chain saw include:
- Never air drop a chain saw to start it – Air dropping involves dropping the chain saw with one hand and pulling the start cord with the other.
- Routinely sharpen blades – Chain saw blades become dull quickly and should be properly maintained to ensure safety.
- Use the proper chain saw for the job – Some jobs require a more powerful chain saw and some require a chain saw that is less powerful and smaller.
- Never use a chain saw alone – When using any type of dangerous tool, there should always be someone on hand to assist in the event of an emergency.
- Wear safety equipment – This should include a helmet, protective gloves, safety goggles, boots, and leather chaps.
- Avoid working in a dangerous environment – Never work a chain saw around power lines, electrical wiring, stones, and metal.
- Be aware of kickback – Kickbacks are common, even with chain saws that have preventative measures in place. An out of control chain saw will injure someone.
On occasion, a chain saw accident may be caused by a lack of warnings or information in chain saw instruction manuals or the lack of proper training and safety equipment that should be provided by an employer. In these cases, the product manufacturer and/or the employer could be found liable for any injuries or damages that occur.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to negligence on the job site, an experienced personal injury lawyer can review your claim and determine if there were unsafe working conditions, potential OSHA violations, and other hazards that may have existed at the time of your accident. They will also determine who may be liable for your injuries and damages and what compensation you may be entitled to.
We at Mike Agruss Law are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
We see you as a person, not just a client – and that makes us better at work we do. We listen. We learn your story. And, as we help you get the money you deserve, we go above and beyond in a way most law firms never could and never would. Because we’re not just lawyers. And you’re not just a client. We’re friends, neighbors, family. We’re all people and here at Mike Agruss Law, we put People, First.
Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people, not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. Our unique formula has earned us over 900 outstanding client reviews on our website, an A+ BBB rating, and over 120 five-star reviews on Google. Call 888-572-0176, e-mail us at [email protected], or schedule a meeting with us here. We’re here 24/7.