Crashes and Rollover Accidents
Accidents involving crashes and/or rollovers of farm equipment are relatively common on-the-job, and unfortunately, many of these accidents can result in serious injury or death. According to one study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the farming industry has the third-highest crash fatality rate among American industries, and tractor rollover accidents account for about one-third of fatalities among farmworkers.
The driving of large farm equipment on highways is increasing, for reasons such as higher-speed equipment and general lack of regulations, and these accidents can be quite severe due to the vehicles’ size and closer proximity to higher-speed rural roads and highways. According to the Department of Agriculture:
- Crash fatality rates in more rural counties can be as much as double the rate in more urban counties;
- Accidents in rural areas are typically more severe and likely to be fatal than accidents in urban areas;
- Traffic accidents involving farm equipment commonly involve higher-speed motor vehicles and slower-speed tractors, often with railing equipment;
- Operators of farm vehicles are significantly more likely to lose their lives in a motor vehicle accident than the passengers of the motor vehicle.
Accidents involving equipment-rollovers are also especially dangerous due to a common lack of rollover protection structures (ROPS) on older tractors: an estimated 50% of the nearly 5-million tractors used in the U.S. today do not have ROPS structures or even seat belts. Rollover accidents are especially common when:
- Turning curves, using brakes, or shifting gears;
- Working near steep slopes, embankments, or edges of roads;
- Loading or unloading machines onto or off of trailers;
- Compacting soil due to the risk of softer areas collapsing under the equipment’s weight.
We are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has suffered an injury or illness due to another’s negligence. We see you as a person, not just a client – and that makes us better at the work we do. We listen. We learn your story. And, as we help you get the money you deserve, we go above and beyond in a way most law firms never could and never would. Because we’re not just lawyers. And you’re not just a client. We’re friends, neighbors, family. We’re all people and here at Agruss Law Firm, we put People, First.
Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people, not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. Our unique formula has earned us over 950 outstanding client reviews on our website, an A+ BBB rating, and over 125 five-star reviews on Google. Call 888-572-0176, e-mail us at [email protected], or schedule a meeting with us here. We’re here 24/7.
We are listening.
No comments submitted yet. Sharing your story will help others!
Soon Hee Park Identified as Pedestrian Killed in Fatal Crash in Glenview, IL
COVID-19 Cases in Nursing Homes in Kane County Rise to 1,068 with 177 Deaths
David Perry of Homer, Steven Cary of Bridgeport Injured in Three-Vehicle Accident Near Homer Lake Road
Man Killed, Four Others Injured in Two-Vehicle Crash on Eisenhower Expressway
Erick Ervin Killed, Two Others Injured in Deadly I-72 Crash in Macon County, IL
Debt Collection Law
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Debt Collection Agencies
About Collection Agencies
Collection Agency Testimonials
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Credit Reporting Agencies
Spam Text Messages