Areas that have become rundown and dilapidated often need to be cleared to prepare for new development or to improve safety in the area. Demolition, while often controlled, can be extremely dangerous for both construction workers and bystanders in the area, putting them at-risk for serious injuries and death.
If you have been injured in a demolition project accident, contact Mike Agruss Law for a free consultation. We are a Chicago-based injury law firm representing individuals (and their families) who have suffered an injury in an accident. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Mike Agruss Law is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.
Risks of Demolition Projects
Demolition projects pose serious risks, not only because of the type of work involved, but also because of the area that the majority of these projects take place, which is often dilapidated buildings, bridges, roads, and walls. Workers can be exposed to hazardous materials, be caught in the collapse of the structure, or be struck by falling debris.
The risks of demolition projects include:
- Improper explosive use – Negligence when working with explosives includes improper detonation, poor explosive placement, and failing to clear the area and puts everyone at risk for serious injuries and death.
- Falling objects – Being struck by falling debris is one of the biggest killers on construction sites.
- Exposure to contaminants – Workers are often exposed to chemicals and contaminants on the job site which can damage their respiratory system over time.
- Falls – Falling from scaffolding or ladders can result in fractures, traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, and internal injuries that can be life-threatening.
- Defective equipment or negligent use – Construction equipment that is defective or used in a manner that is unsafe can injure or cause the death of workers or the general public.
Rights for the Injured
In the event of a demolition project accident, an injured party has the right to compensation for their injuries and damages. In the event of a wrongful death, surviving family members may also recover for funeral and burial expenses, wages that the loved one contributed to the family, and other compensation.
Injured parties are entitled to the following:
- The right to seek treatment from whichever medical provider you choose.
- Injury pay equal to two-thirds of your average weekly salary throughout the recovery period.
- Access to disability benefits.
- The right to file a lawsuit in the event that the accident was due to negligence or work law violations.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to negligence on the job site or a defective product, an experienced personal injury lawyer can review your claim and determine if there were unsafe working conditions, potential OSHA violations, and other hazards that may have existed at the time of your accident. They will also determine who may be liable for your injuries and damages and what compensation you may be entitled to.
We at Mike Agruss Law are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
We see you as a person, not just a client – and that makes us better at work we do. We listen. We learn your story. And, as we help you get the money you deserve, we go above and beyond in a way most law firms never could and never would. Because we’re not just lawyers. And you’re not just a client. We’re friends, neighbors, family. We’re all people and here at Mike Agruss Law, we put People, First.
Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people, not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. Our unique formula has earned us over 900 outstanding client reviews on our website, an A+ BBB rating, and over 120 five-star reviews on Google. Call 888-572-0176, e-mail us at [email protected], or schedule a meeting with us here. We’re here 24/7.