Chicago is a popular tourist destination, and there are countless hotels and resorts throughout the state of Illinois. While most of these places offer highly enjoyable and relaxing experiences, some stays can take a turn for the worse when negligence arises on behalf of the facility’s staff or management. If you’ve been injured in an accident at a hotel or resort, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more with the help of an experienced personal injury attorney.
Hotels throughout the state offer a wide range of amenities, such as pools, spas, exercise equipment, and bars and restaurants, and accidents can and do occur within them. Common hotel accidents which result in serious injury include:
– Elevator/escalator accidents
– Food poisoning
– Swimming pool/hot tub accidents
– Accidents involving defective equipment (ex. gym equipment) or inadequate security
Guests involved in these accidents can suffer serious injuries in some cases, including:
– Broken bones – Bone breaks and fractures come in many forms and can be extremely painful; some require ongoing medical treatment and even surgery, while others heal with only moderate medical intervention.
– Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) – These are caused primarily by trauma to the spinal cord, and complications may include loss of movement and/or sensation below the point of injury. Some forms of damage to the vertebrae can result in a secondary injury with more severe complications.
– Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – These are serious injuries which disrupt normal brain function due to traumatic force to the head. In some severe cases, they can produce lifelong complications which greatly reduce quality of life, and these injuries result primarily from slip-and-falls, traffic accidents, and assaults.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident at a hotel or resort, contact Mike Agruss Law, LLC for a free consultation. We are a Chicago-based injury law firm representing individuals (and their families) who have suffered an injury in an accident. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you.
Lastly, Mike Agruss Law is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.