If you or a loved one has experienced back pain from an injury from an accident, contact Mike Agruss Law for a free consultation so we can help you recover from this experience and get fairly compensated.
Car accidents can be very traumatizing accidents that can take a heavy physical, mental, and financial toll on the victims. Sometimes, back pain is readily apparent right after the accident as you are still sitting in your car. Other times, back pain may be delayed due to shock or the nature of the injury. This is why it is important to call 911 and seek treatment following any type of car accident, minor or severe. You do not want to let the injury worsen until you actually feel and recognize the symptoms. It is in your best interest for your health and for your injury claim if you get treated immediately for any potential injuries.
After you are diagnosed with a back injury, the time that the pain lasts depends on the type of injury. There are many different types of back injuries that can be mild or severe, from a muscle strain to spinal cord injury. Of course, a mild injury may recover on its own after some time and a severe injury requiring surgery will take a longer time than these averages to heal. But, here are the rough recovery times for some common types of back injuries:
- Whiplash – With the proper treatment as prescribed by your doctor typically consisting of pain medication, rest, and icing the area, these injuries should heal anywhere from a few days to a couple of months.
- Strains and sprains – Strains are usually treated with pain medication, rest, ice, compression, and elevation, after which they should heal within three to six weeks. Sprains recover in a shorter time, typically around a month, and may require immobilization with a cast or splint, rest, icing the area, compression, and elevation.
- Herniated disk – This injury’s pain may gradually subside and heal themselves if it is a mild injury. But, if the pain lingers, then treatment may consist of pain medications, rest, cooling and warming therapies, and physical therapy. Recovery for this injury usually takes one to two months.
- Spinal fracture – Mild fractures may heal on their own. These injuries are usually treated with pain medications, rest, and a back brace and can recover in about three months.
- Spinal cord injury – This is a very serious injury, and only some types are able to fully recover. For the most part, spinal cord injuries are life-altering and permanent. They may require medications, immobilization, surgery, and physical therapy throughout one’s life.
If another person caused your injuries, you can file a claim against them for monetary damages. Medical care for back injuries is not cheap, and it certainly is not cheap when it involves potential complications that you may have had to deal with. With our help, we can help you recover the costs of your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that resulted from another person’s actions.
Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people, not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. Our unique formula has earned us over 1,000 outstanding client reviews on our website, an A+ BBB rating, and over 135 five-star reviews on Google. Call 888-572-0176, e-mail us at [email protected], or schedule a meeting with us here. We’re here 24/7.