Punch Press Accidents
Punch presses are machines used to mold metal with an extreme amount of force and are typically used in the manufacturing process for vehicles and large machinery. The power needed to form these metals makes punch presses capable of seriously injuring those workers using them.
If you have been injured in a punch press accident, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. We are a Chicago-based injury law firm representing individuals (and their families) who have suffered an injury in an accident. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Agruss Law Firm, LLC is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.
Causes of Punch Press Accidents
Punch press accidents are often quite serious. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), one in two punch press accidents leads to amputation due to the force exerted by the machine. Following a punch press accident, it is important to investigate the cause of the accident.
The most common causes of punch press accidents include:
- Failure to train - Employees that are required to use a punch press should be trained to properly use the machine and to recognize the risks involved in their work.
- Failure to supervise - Employers should supervise their employees to ensure that they are working safely.
- Poor maintenance - Equipment should be regularly inspected and maintained to keep it safe for employees.
- Defective machinery - When a machine is defective, it is often dangerous. If a worker is injured due to a defective punch press or any of the parts making up the machine, the manufacturer may be held liable for the injuries that were sustained as well.
Compensation for a Punch Press Accident
Following a punch press accident, you may be unsure where to turn. A victim is often unsure of their rights and dealing with the employer’s insurance company can be confusing and frustrating, especially when you are dealing with medical bills and lost wages.
If you have been injured in a punch press accident, you may be entitled to the following:
- Medical treatment - This includes medical bills related to the accident and ongoing medical issues because of your injuries.
- Workers' compensation - As long as you are unable to return to work due to your injuries, you will be entitled to 2/3 of your average salary.
- Physical disability/disfigurement
- Wrongful death - If you have lost a loved one due to the severity of their accident, you may be entitled to wrongful death compensation to cover things such as their medical bills, their pain and suffering, funeral and burial services, and the contributions that they made to your life.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to negligence on the job site, an experienced personal injury lawyer can review your claim and determine if there were unsafe working conditions, potential OSHA violations, and other hazards that may have existed at the time of your accident. They will also determine who may be liable for your injuries and damages and what compensation you may be entitled to.
We at Agruss Law Firm are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
We see you as a person, not just a client – and that makes us better at work we do. We listen. We learn your story. And, as we help you get the money you deserve, we go above and beyond in a way most law firms never could and never would. Because we’re not just lawyers. And you’re not just a client. We’re friends, neighbors, family. We’re all people and here at Agruss Law Firm, we put People, First.
Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people, not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. Our unique formula has earned us over 900 outstanding client reviews on our website, an A+ BBB rating, and over 120 five-star reviews on Google. Call 888-572-0176, e-mail us at [email protected], or schedule a meeting with us here. We’re here 24/7.
We are listening.
No comments submitted yet. Sharing your story will help others!
Caleb A. Sullivan Identified as Pedestrian Killed in Car Crash Champaign, IL
Police Seeking Witnesses of Truck Accident that Killed John Rodgers IV of Buffalo Grove
Beach Park Man Killed in Motorcycle-Semi Crash in Waukegan, IL
Kevin T. Lawlor of Romeoville, IL, Killed in Fatal Two-Vehicle Crash
Westchester Nursing Home Tried to Boot Resident for Criticism Over Handling of COVID-19, Lawsuit Alleges
Debt Collection Law
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Debt Collection Agencies
About Collection Agencies
Collection Agency Testimonials
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Credit Reporting Agencies
Spam Text Messages