Wood chippers are powerful tools often used by cleanup crews, landscapers, and construction crews to quickly and efficiently dispose of trees, bushes, and other yard debris. While this important piece of equipment is cost-effective and a way to rapidly clean up work areas, wood chippers are also capable of causing serious and devastating injuries, especially when they are not used correctly or they contain a design/manufacturing defect.
If you have been injured in a wood chipper accident, contact Mike Agruss Law for a free consultation. We are a Chicago-based injury law firm representing individuals (and their families) who have suffered an injury in an accident. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Mike Agruss Law is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.
Common Wood Chipper Injuries
Wood chippers can cause numerous injuries to the machine operator and surrounding bystanders. The most common wood chipper injuries include:
- Facial and eye injuries – When debris passes through the safety guards, permanent disfigurement and blindness are possible.
- Loss of limbs – When an operator’s limbs are caught in a wood chipper, loss of digits is possible.
- Lacerations – Not only can a wood chipper cause severe and deep cuts, but an injured wood chipper operator can also sustain infections from the bacteria in the wood and debris being processed at the time of their injury.
- Traumatic brain injuries – If debris is ejected at high velocity, a worker or bystander could be struck in the head, resulting in long term and/or permanent brain damage.
- Wrongful death – Wood chipper accidents are often violent and result in death.
Wood chipper accidents can be complex. If worksite safety practices were lax, personal protective equipment wasn’t provided, or the wood chipper was defective a lawsuit may be possible against the employer, as well as the product designer, manufacturer, or anyone involved in the chain of distribution of the defective wood chipper. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Mike Agruss Law can review your claim and determine who may be liable for your damages and injuries.
Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people, not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. Our unique formula has earned us over 1,000 outstanding client reviews on our website, an A+ BBB rating, and over 135 five-star reviews on Google. Call 888-572-0176, e-mail us at [email protected] or schedule a meeting with us here. We’re here 24/7.