86% of Coronavirus Deaths Reported in McHenry County Were in Nursing Homes
The latest data from the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has revealed that 117 people have died after contracting the coronavirus (COVID-19) in McHenry County, and 92 of those deaths occurred in nursing homes.
The Fountains at Crystal Lake and Crystal Pines Rehabilitation & Health Care Facility reported the most COVID-19 deaths among residents. Crystal Pines had 86 residents test positive for the virus and 15 fatalities. It tied with The Fountains at Crystal Lake for the most deaths reported in McHenry, even though The Fountains had nearly half as many infections with 46 positive cases before it shut down, according to IDPH. Other McHenry County nursing homes that have experienced fatalities due to the virus are:
- Alden Terrace of McHenry reported 87 positive cases and 13 fatalities.
- Cross Roads Care Center in Woodstock reported 71 positive cases and 13 fatalities.
- The Springs at Crystal Lake reported 38 reported cases and 10 deaths.
- Sheltered Village in Woodstock reported 43 positive cases and 9 deaths.
- Florence Nursing Home in Marengo reported 31 positive cases and 4 deaths.
- Fair Oaks Health Center in Crystal Lake reported 15 positive cases and 3 deaths.
As of September 18, IDPH has confirmed 28,941 positive cases and 4,575 fatalities among residents in long-term care facilities in Illinois. Nursing homes are required to have an infection prevention and control plan ready in case of outbreaks of diseases like COVID-19. Facilities that don’t take precautions to protect residents may be held liable for any resulting health problems or deaths.
Illinois Nursing Home Negligence Attorney
We are listening.
No comments submitted yet. Sharing your story will help others!
Rock Island Woman Cited in Connection to Moline Crash that Seriously Injured Pedestrian
Rock Island Man Identified as Bicyclist Killed in Crash
Mahomet Doctor Killed in Hit-and-Run Accident in Champaign County
New COVID-19 Deaths Reported Among Residents of Timbercreek Rehab & Health Care
Mount Zion Man Identified as Motorcyclist Killed in Oakley Collision Involving Semi-Truck