COVID-19 Cases in Nursing Homes in Kane County Rise to 1,068 with 177 Deaths
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) is reporting 1,068 new cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) resulting in 177 deaths at 36 facilities in Kane County. The new numbers published August 7 represent an increase of 59 cases and 7 more fatalities compared to the previous week’s count of 1,009 cases and 170 deaths.
IDPH lists Tower Hill Health Care Center, 759 Kane St. in South Elgin, and Bria of Geneva, 1101 E. State St. in Geneva, as the nursing homes with the highest number of fatalities caused by COVID-19, with 30 deaths each. Tower Hill also has the highest number of reported cases in the county, with 166 positives, while Bria of Geneva has so far reported 135 cases, according to IDPH data.
Other nursing homes in Kane County with large numbers include:
- Symphony of Orchard Valley, 2330 W. Galena Blvd, Aurora, reported 116 confirmed cases and 24 fatalities.
- Asbury Gardens Nursing & Rehab, 212 Airport Rd., North Aurora, reported 92 confirmed cases and 19 deaths.
- Fox River Rehab & Healthcare, 2355 Royal Blvd., Elgin, reported 49 confirmed cases and 15 deaths.
- Citadel of Elgin, 180 S. State St., Elgin, reported 73 confirmed cases and nine deaths.
- Avondale Estates of Elgin Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1760 Capital Street, Elgin, reported 35 cases and three deaths.
Illinois has averaged 1,733 new cases per day over the first eight days of August. So far, 192,698 cases have been confirmed since March, and almost a quarter of those cases—43,266 of them—were confirmed in July. IDPH logged more than 2,000 new COVID-19 cases for a second straight day on August 8, ratcheting up concerns of a severe viral resurgence.
Nursing homes are required to have an infection prevention and control plan in place for containing outbreaks of diseases like COVID-19. Facilities that don’t take precautions to protect residents from infections may be held liable for resulting health problems or deaths.
Illinois Nursing Home Negligence Attorney
We are listening.
No comments submitted yet. Sharing your story will help others!
David A. Sosa, Jose Urbano Killed in Two-Vehicle Crash in Wheeling, IL
Thomas Sanders, Shuntay Sanders Injured in Three-Vehicle Crash in Franklin County
Two Women in Critical Condition after Car Crash in Wauconda, IL
Alonte D. London Killed in Chicago Ridge Fatal Crash
Lawrence Self, William Self Identified as Victims of Knox County Boating Accident