Exposure To Toxic Substances
Exposure to natural and man-made toxic substances in large amounts in a short time, or small amounts over a long time, can cause serious and even permanent damage to the brain. These include a variety of metals which were used in manufacturing for decades before their toxic nature was fully understood, and many Americans remain exposed to these materials to this day.
- Lead – Lead has certainly made the recent news, as the water supply of Flint, Michigan, has been contaminated with lead in a crisis dating back to April 2014, and lead poisoning is also common among children who have been exposed to lead-based paint, such as in old homes. Lead poisoning can cause neurological problems including diminished motor skills, learning difficulties, and stunted brain development, and in adults it can also cause abdominal pain, high blood pressure, joint/muscle pain, and memory loss.
- Manganese – Certain types of workers have suffered from chronic exposure to manganese over long periods of time, and some have even suffered brain damage, which can have side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, clumsiness, tremors, and even nightmares and other sleep disturbances.
- Mercury – Hazardous in its elemental form and in compounds, mercury was once used in thermometers and dental fillings but is now treated with great caution. Mercury exposure can cause severe brain damage and lead to tremors, breathing problems, and short-term memory loss, while it can also affect the endrocrine system, kidneys, and other internal organs.
If you or a loved one has been exposed to a toxic substance due to the negligence of a company or property owner, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC for a free consultation. We are a Chicago-based injury law firm representing individuals (and their families) who have suffered an injury in an accident. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you.
Lastly, Agruss Law Firm, LLC is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.
- Electric Shock Drowning Basics
- Foreseeability in Premises Liability Claims
- Fourth of July Negligence
- Gym Memberships and Waivers of Liability
- Injury Liability at Hotels and Resorts
- Premises Liability Basics
- Premises Liability and Negligent Security
- Types and Causes of Burn Injuries
- Chicago Premises Liability Attorney
How Much Insurance Should Trucks Carry Under Federal Law?
Only Eight States Require Seat Belts on School Buses – Why?
Scott's Law: The "Move Over" Law
Fertile Ground for FCRA Claims: Employee & Tenant Background Checks
That “Frightening” Letter from a Debt Collection Agency Could Be for Overdue Library Books
Debt Collection Law
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Debt Collection Agencies
About Collection Agencies
Collection Agency Testimonials
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Credit Reporting Agencies
Spam Text Messages
No comments submitted yet. Sharing your story will help others!