Farmworkers are among the most at-risk workers in the United States for serious injury or death on-the-job, and it is also among the few industries that can also put employees’ families at risk due to their close proximity and common assistance to the work.
Here are some facts and statistics from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH):
- As of 2018, production agriculture in the U.S. had about 2,038,000 full-time workers.
- Crop farms employ an estimated 1.4 to 2.1 million crop workers per year.
- As of 2014, an estimated 893,000 people under 20 years of age lived on farms and about 454,000 people under 20 performed farm work.
- In 2017, there were 416 fatalities among farmworkers due to work-related injuries (20.4 deaths per 100,000 farm workers), and transportation accidents were the most common cause of death.
- In 2014 alone, about 12,000 young people were injured on a farm, and about one-third of those injuries resulted from farm work.
- Each day, an estimated 100 farmworkers suffer an injury which results in lost work-time.
We are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has suffered an injury or illness due to another’s negligence. We see you as a person, not just a client – and that makes us better at the work we do. We listen. We learn your story. And, as we help you get the money you deserve, we go above and beyond in a way most law firms never could and never would. Because we’re not just lawyers. And you’re not just a client. We’re friends, neighbors, family. We’re all people and here at Agruss Law Firm, we put People, First.
Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people, not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, and your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. Our unique formula has earned us over 950 outstanding client reviews on our website, an A+ BBB rating, and over 125 five-star reviews on Google. Call 888-572-0176, e-mail us at [email protected], or schedule a meeting with us here. We’re here 24/7.
We are listening.
No comments submitted yet. Sharing your story will help others!
Soon Hee Park Identified as Pedestrian Killed in Fatal Crash in Glenview, IL
COVID-19 Cases in Nursing Homes in Kane County Rise to 1,068 with 177 Deaths
David Perry of Homer, Steven Cary of Bridgeport Injured in Three-Vehicle Accident Near Homer Lake Road
Man Killed, Four Others Injured in Two-Vehicle Crash on Eisenhower Expressway
Erick Ervin Killed, Two Others Injured in Deadly I-72 Crash in Macon County, IL
Debt Collection Law
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Debt Collection Agencies
About Collection Agencies
Collection Agency Testimonials
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Credit Reporting Agencies
Spam Text Messages