First Marblehead Corporation
Is The harassing you over student loan debt? You are protected under various state and federal laws. For example, you have rights under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA), and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- The TCPA has been around since 1991 and protects people from unwanted solicitation calls, robocalls, faxes, and text messages. Under the TCPA, you may receive between $500 and $1,500 for each illegal robocall, text, and fax.
- The EFTA was established in 1978 and works to protect consumers who use electronic methods of managing finances. Under the EFTA, written permission must be given in order for a company to take an electronic payment from your bank account.
- The FCRA was established in 1970 and protects the information in your credit report, among other things. If your credit report contains inaccurate information, the FCRA gives you leverage and rights to dispute the inaccurate information in your credit report.
With student loan companies, finding a repayment plan that fits your budget is the goal. There are several options including:
- Standard repayment plan
- Graduated repayment plan
- Income-based repayment
- Income-contingent repayment
- Pay as you earn (PAYE program)
- Extended repayment plan
Phone numbers associated with The are:866-296-3637, 800-895-4283, 617-638-2065, 866-236-6606You are protected under several state and federal laws when dealing with . Whether it is robocalls or text messages, credit report errors, or unauthorized electronic payments from your bank account, you have rights under the law. Under various state and federal laws, we will help you based on a fee-shift provision and/or based on a contingency fee. That means, the company pays your attorney’s fees and costs. You won’t pay us a penny. We have settled thousands of consumer rights’ cases. Let us help you today. Contact Agruss Law Firm at 888-572-0176 to take control of your student debt!
How Much Insurance Should Trucks Carry Under Federal Law?
Only Eight States Require Seat Belts on School Buses – Why?
Scott's Law: The "Move Over" Law
Fertile Ground for FCRA Claims: Employee & Tenant Background Checks
That “Frightening” Letter from a Debt Collection Agency Could Be for Overdue Library Books
Debt Collection Law
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Debt Collection Agencies
About Collection Agencies
Collection Agency Testimonials
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Credit Reporting Agencies
Spam Text Messages
Phone Numbers Used By First Marblehead Corporation
No comments submitted yet. Sharing your story will help others!