Parents do their best to keep their children from danger and harm. Despite their best efforts, though, accidents still happen and when these accidents are due to the negligence of others, the results can be devastating. An injured child deserves justice and a personal injury lawyer can help fight for the financial compensation your child is entitled to.
If your child has been injured in an accident, contact Mike Agruss Law for a free consultation. We are a Chicago-based injury law firm representing individuals (and their families) who have suffered an injury in an accident. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, Mike Agruss Law is not paid attorneys’ fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.
Common Child Accidents
Children, due to their smaller size and the fact that they are still developing physically and emotionally, are more susceptible to serious accidents and injuries. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the most common injuries to children occur in the following ways:
- Car accidents
- Birth injuries
- Crib injuries
- Bicycle accidents
- Crossing injuries
- Sports injuries
- School injuries
- Playground injuries
- Dog bites
- Amusement park/trampoline injuries
- Defective toy and product injuries
- Child abuse
When a child suffers an injury due to the negligence of another, they deserve justice. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help.
Duties of Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal injury lawyers perform many important duties while assisting their clients. These duties include:
- Explain your rights-A personal injury lawyer will understand the complexities of the law, how it pertains to your specific case, and they will work within the statute of limitations to ensure that your case is not denied.
- Provide advice-Personal injury lawyers will walk their clients through the complicated legal system and help you to understand complicated legal jargon, interpret often confusing medical records, deal with insurance companies, file extensive paperwork, and offer advice on your next steps, as well as offering objective opinions about your case.
- Complete investigation-Personal injury lawyers have many more tools available to them than the average person and they will use their own investigators to document and recreate accidents, interview witnesses, and develop theories as to how your child’s accident or injury occurred.
- Assess damages-Many families of accident victims think of the short term, especially when dealing with phone calls from bill collectors, extensive medical treatments and appointments, and a child in pain. A child personal injury lawyers can assess your child’s damages and with the help of an expert, determine what the lifetime impact of their injuries may be.
- Represent your child in court-Most personal injury claims are settled long before they proceed to court, however, if an insurance company denies your child’s claim, or they try to settle for an offer that benefits them and not your injured child, a personal injury lawyer can represent them to get the compensation they deserve.
Compensation for Your Child’s Injuries
Each child accident case will be unique and so will be the amount of compensation they receive. Depending on the type of accident and the severity of your child’s injuries, they may be entitled to the following:
- Medical bills currently related to the accident and ongoing
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and disability
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages
If you have questions about your child’s case and what compensation they may be entitled to, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to discuss their claim.
We at Mike Agruss Law are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
We see you as a person, not just a client – and that makes us better at the work we do. We listen. We learn your story. And, as we help you get the money you deserve, we go above and beyond in a way most law firms never could and never would. Because we’re not just lawyers. And you’re not just a client. We’re friends, neighbors, family. We’re all people and here at Mike Agruss Law, we put People, First.
Helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people, not the powerful, we will take care of the insurance adjusters, your medical bills, your property damage, your lost wages, and monitor your treatment so you can focus on healing and getting your life back to normal. Our unique formula has earned us over 900 outstanding client reviews on our website, an A+ BBB rating, and over 120 five-star reviews on Google. Call 888-572-0176, e-mail us at [email protected], or schedule a meeting with us here. We’re here 24/7.