Debt collectors like Alltran Financial, LP, cannot harass you over a debt. Alltran Financial used to be known as United Recovery Systems. You have rights under the law. We will stop the harassment once and for all.
THE BEST PART IS…
If Alltran Financial, LP violated the law, you will get money damages and Alltran Financial, LP will pay our fees and costs. You will not pay us a penny for our time. Plus, some of our clients also receive debt relief and cleaned up credit reports. You have nothing to lose! Call us today at 888-572-0176 for a free consultation.
Who is Alltran Financial, LP?
Alltran Financial, LP is a third-party collection agency, headquartered in Houston, TX, and started its business in 1997. Alltran Financial, LP is a limited liability company. According to the Better Business Bureau (“BBB”), Alltran is a Houston-based provider of recovery and receivables services. According to Alltran’s website, Alltran focuses on better ways to help people resolve their financial issues. It appears that Alltran Financial, LP collects on debts owed to third parties and collects on debts that it purchases. Therefore, in some situations, Alltran may be a junk-debt buyer. For example, some collection agencies buy debt for pennies on the dollar, and then collect on it. Alltran collects on various debts. We’ve helped a lot of consumers deal with Alltran when Alltran is collecting on debt owed to major financial institutions, such as credit cards, installment loans, auto loans; retail store credit cards; student loans; insurance claims; and healthcare debt.
Alltran Financial, LP’s Address, Phone Number, and Contact Information
Alltran Financial, LP is located at 5800 N Course Drive, Houston TX 77072. The main telephone numbers for Alltran Financial, LP are 800-568-0399 and 800-352-8890. These are just two of many Alltran’s contact numbers. Alltran Financial, LP’s website is www.alltran.com.
Phone Numbers Used By Alltran Financial, LP
Alltran likely has dozens, if not over 100, phone numbers it calls from. Here are a few phone numbers Alltran may be calling you from:
- 888-720- 4906
- 860-469- 4415
- 321-206- 3840
- 866-524- 2605
Alltran Financial, LP Lawsuits
If you want to know just how unhappy consumers are with Alltran, take a look at the number of lawsuits filed against , LP on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (“PACER”). PACER is the federal docket throughout the country that lists federal complaints filed against Alltran. When you do a search for Alltran Financial, LP, there are over 90 lawsuits filed against Alltran. Most of these lawsuits involve consumer rights’ violations.
Alltran Financial, LP Complaints
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) is a federal law that applies to everyone in the United States. In other words, everyone is protected under the FDCPA. The FDCPA is a laundry list of what Alltran can and cannot do while collecting a debt, as well as things debt collectors must do while collecting a debt. If Alltran is harassing you over a debt, you have rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”) protects you from robocalls. Robocalls are those annoying, automated, recorded calls that a computer makes to you all day long. You can tell it’s a robocall because either no one is on the other end of the line or there’s a delay when you pick up the phone before a live person comes on the line. You can get $500 per call if Alltran violates the TCPA. Have you received a message from Alltran that sounds pre-recorded? Or, maybe the message you received from Alltran is cutoff at the beginning or the end? These are tell-tale signs that the message is pre-recorded. If you have these messages on your cell phone, you may have a TCPA case against Alltran Financial, LP.
The Electronic Fund Transfer Act (“EFTA”) protects electronic payments that are deducted from bank accounts. If Alltran Financial, LP took unauthorized deductions from your bank account, you may have an EFTA claim. Alltran, like most collection agencies, wants to set up reoccurring payments from consumers. Imagine how much money Alltran gets if hundreds, if not thousands, of consumers electronically pay them $50-$100, or more, per month. If you agreed to this type of reoccurring payment, Alltran must follow certain steps to comply with the EFTA. Did Alltran continue to take electronic payments after you said stop? Did Alltran take more money from your checking account than you agreed to? If so, let’s talk about your rights under the EFTA.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) works to ensure that no information reported to your credit report is false. In essence, it gives you the right to dispute those inaccuracies that you find on your credit report. We handled a lot of cases recently where Alltran Financial, LP reported debt on a consumer’s credit report. Alltran likely reports on credit reports to obtain greater leverage over the consumer. If Alltran is on your credit report, they may tell you if you pay the debt, they’ll remove it from your credit report. This is commonly known as pay for delete. You pay Alltran, and they delete the debt from your credit report. Even if Alltran is not on your credit report, maybe the original creditor is. If you pay off the debt to Alltran, then the original creditor, and Alltran, should accurately report this on your credit report.
Several states also have laws that provide its citizens an additional layer of protection. For example, if you live in California, Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Michigan, Montana, or Pennsylvania you may be able to tack on a state-law claim with your federal law claim above. North Carolina, for example, has one of the most consumer-friendly statutes in the country. If you live in NC, and you’re harassed over a debt, you may get $500.00 – $4,000.00 in damages per violation. We work with a local counsel in NC. Our NC clients have received some great results in debt collection harassment cases. If you live in NC, and Alltran Financial, LP is harassing you, you have tons of leverage to get a great settlement.
HOW CAN WE USE THE LAW TO HELP YOU?
We will use state and federal laws to immediately stop Alltran Financial, LP debt collection. We will send a cease and desist letter to get the harassment to stop the same day. If Alltran violates the FDCPA, EFTA, FCRA, or any state laws, you may be entitled to money damages. For example, under the FDCPA, you can get up $1,000.00 in damages plus actual damages. The FDCPA has a fee-shift provision. This means, Alltran pays our attorney’s fees and costs. If you have a TCPA case against Alltran, we will handle it based on a contingency fee.
THAT’S NOT ALL…
We have helped hundreds of consumers stop phone calls from Alltran. We know how to stop the harassment and get you money damages. ONCE AGAIN, you will not pay us a penny for our time. We will help you based on a fee-shift provision and/or based on a contingency fee. That means, Alltran pays our attorney’s fees and costs.
What If Alltran Financial, LP Is On My Credit Report?
Based on our experience, Alltran, LP may credit report. That means, Alltran Financial, LP may mark your credit report with the debt they are trying to collect on. In addition to Alltran Financial, LP, the original creditor may be on your credit report. For example, if you owe Navient Solutions, LLC, and Alltran is collecting on it, both Navient Solutions, LLC, and Alltran may have separate entries on your credit report. This is important because you will want both parties to update your credit report if you pay off the debt.
THE GOOD NEWS IS…
If Alltran is on your credit report, we can help you dispute it. Mistakes on your credit report can be very costly. Along with causing you to pay higher interest rates, you may be denied credit, insurance, a rental home, a loan, or even a job because of these mistakes. Some mistakes may include someone else’s information on your credit report, inaccurate public records, stale collection accounts, or maybe you were a victim of identity theft. If you have a mistake on your credit report, there is a process to dispute them. My office will help you pull your credit report and dispute any inaccurate information.
If a credit reporting agency violates its obligations under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), you may be entitled to statutory damages up to $1,000.00, plus the credit reporting agency will be required to fix the error. The FCRA also has a fee-shift provision. This means, the credit reporting agency pays your attorney’s fees and costs. Therefore, you will not pay me a penny for my time. We have helped dozens of consumers fix inaccurate information on their credit reports.
Complaints against Alltran Financial, LP
If you’re on this page, chances are you are just like the hundreds of consumers out there being harassed by Alltran Financial, LP. The complaints on the Better Business Bureau (“BBB”), various consumer websites, are endless. Alltran is accredited by the BBB. The BBB gives Alltran an “A+” rating. Despite its “A+” rating, there are nearly 80 customer complaints on the BBB. Here are some of the many BBB complaints regarding Alltran Financial, LP:
- “I have been continually harassed by Alltran Financial about a music instrument rental for my son. I owe no money on this rental and the store has the instrument. I explained this to the agent and he responded they are very busy and I can either pay the alleged debt or they will continue to pursue it.”
- “Without my authorization, this company was taking money out of my bank account every 5 days. I had to call several times to get it resolved. I’m still not sure if it’s resolved.”
- “This company calls my cell phone repeatedly from various numbers only once leaving a message to call back phone number 866-480-0853. I have no unpaid debt so I have no need to talk to a debt collection company and will not be a party to them harassing others.”
Although there are only 13 reviews on Google, they are just as bad. Here is what some consumers on Google say about Alltran Financial, LP.
- “Their website is uninformative, and the payment websites are out of date (more than ten years old). You cannot look up what you owe, and have no way of knowing for sure that your payment is going to Alltran and not a scam artist”
- “I have absolutely no debt and these people (specifically William Hernandez according to the voicemails left every day) won’t stop harassing me. Calling every single day, sometimes multiple times a day, is extremely unnecessary for somebody like me with NO DEBT.”
- These jerks keep calling my elderly mother, refusing to give their name and what they are calling about. They keep asking my mother for a name that does not live here. They refuse to stop calling her.”
Cases We Have Handled Against Alltran Financial, LP
I THINK YOU’LL AGREE WITH ME WHEN I SAY…Threats and harassment by collection agencies can be pretty intimidating. Well, it turns out we can stop the harassment, attempt to get you money damages under the law, and the collection agency will have to pay us our fees and costs. Here are some of the cases we’ve handled against Alltran:
- Latonya K. v. Alltran Financial, LP. In this case, Alltran called our client on her cell phone. Alltran Financial, LP called from 713-458-3418, which is one of Alltran’s phone numbers. Alltran Financial, LP was contacting our client in an attempt to collect on a debt from Zales Jewelers. In or around April 2015, our client requested that Alltran Financial cease from calling her about the collection account. Despite our client’s multiple requests, Alltran continued to harass Latonya over the phone regarding the underlying debt. Defendant violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices act by continuing to harass and engage in collections after Latonya K. requested that the calls stopped.
- Christopher P. v. Alltran Financial, LP. Christopher lives in Mississippi, and Alltran Financial, LP was attempting to collect an auto loan which originate from Alltran. Alltran Financial was hired to collect on this debt owed to Alltran. In or around March 2015, Alltran began placing collection calls to Christopher on his cellular telephone. Alltran called our client from 601-308-4113 and 601-714-2099. Both of these phone numbers are Alltran’s phone numbers. In or around March 2015, Christopher spoke with one of Alltran’s collectors and requested that they stop calling him about the debt. During that conversation, Alltran mentioned that Christopher was a disgrace to his family and insisted that one of his children pay the debt. In or around May 2015 Christopher asked one of Alltran’s collectors to stop calling him. Despite multiple requests from our client, Alltran Financial continued to call him to attempt to collect on the debt. We alleged that Alltran Financial, LP violated multiple sections of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Patricia C. v. Alltran Financial, LP. Our client lives in Colorado. Here, Alltran Financial, LP was attempting to collect on a debt allegedly owed to Capital One Auto Finance. In this case, Alltran mailed a collection letter to our client regarding her Capital One Auto Finance account. In or around January 2016, Plaintiff’s counsel faxed a cease and desist letter to Alltran and requested that they cease from sending collection letters to Patricia C. Despite receiving this notice of representation letter, Alltran Financial sent a second collection letter to Patricia C in or around May 2016 which is in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Alltran Financial continued to send letters to our client in an attempt to collect a debt even after being notified that Patricia C. was being represented by an attorney.
Here’s What Our Clients Say About Us
Agruss Law Firm, LLC, has over 900 outstanding client reviews through Yotpo, an A+ BBB rating, and over 120 five-star reviews on Google. Here’s what some of our clients have to say about us.
“Thank you Agruss Law Firm!! Not only did you stop harassing calls from a collection agency and make them remove negative information from my credit report, I also received a settlement payment.”
“Michael Agruss handled 2 settlements for me with great result and he handled it quickly. He also settled my sister’s case quickly and now her debt is clear. I highly recommend Michael.”
“I was overwhelmed when I received my check from your agency in helping me with harassment by a creditor, and give thanks to God and to you for all of your help, Agruss Law Firm is a firm that you can trust into get the job done.”
Can Alltran Financial, LP Sue You?
Although anyone can sue anyone for any reason, we have never seen Alltran Financial sue consumers. Its likely Alltran does not sue because they do not always own the debt they are collecting on. Also, Alltran would have to hire a lawyer, or use in-house counsel, to file a lawsuit. Its likely Alltran Financial collects debts through the entire country. Therefore, it would be very difficult to have lawyers, or a law firm, licensed in every state. There are collection agencies that do sue consumers. For example, Midland Credit Management is one of the largest junk-debt buyers. Midland Credit Management collects on debt and also sues on debt. The opposite is true with Alltran Financial. Therefore, it would be very unusual if Alltran sued you. The original creditor, on the other hand, may hire a collection firm, or lawyer, to sue you. If Alltran Financial, LP has threatened to sue you, call us. We can help.
Can Alltran Financial, LP Garnish Your Wages?
No, not unless they have a judgment. If Alltran Financial has not sued you, then Alltran cannot get a judgment. If Alltran Financial does not have a judgment, then Alltran cannot garnish your wages. Minus limited situations (usually dealing with debts owed to the government for student loans, taxes, etc.), in order to garnish someone’s wages, you need a judgment first. In short, we have not seen Alltran Financial file a lawsuit against a consumer. So, Alltran cannot garnish your wages, minus the exceptions listed above. If Alltran has threatened to garnish your wages, contact our office right away.
Alltran Financial, LP Settlement
If you want to settle a debt with Alltran Financial, LP, ask yourself these questions first:
- Do I really owe this debt?
- Is this debt within the statute of limitations?
- Is this debt on my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will Alltran Financial remove it from my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will the original creditor remove it from my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will I get something in writing from Alltran Financial confirming the payment and settlement terms?
These are not the only things to consider when dealing with debt collectors. We are here to help you answer the questions above, and much more. Whether its harassment, settlement, pay for delete, or any other legal issue with Alltran Financial, LP, the folks at Agruss Law Firm are here to help you.
Share Your Complaints About Alltran Financial, LP Below
Post your complaints about Alltran Financial, LP. Sharing your complaints about Alltran will help other consumers know what to do when Alltran starts calling. Sharing your experience may help someone else.
HERE’S THE DEAL!
If you are being harassed by Alltran Financial, LP over a debt, you may be entitled to money damages. Get up to $1,000 for harassment, and $500-$1,500 for illegal robocalls. Under various state and federal laws, we will help you based on a fee-shift provision and/or based on a contingency fee. That means, the collector pays your attorney’s fees and costs. You won’t pay us a penny. We have settled thousands of debt collection harassment cases. Let us help you today. Contact Agruss Law Firm at 888-572- 0176 to stop the harassment once and for all.