Debt collectors like Bull City Financial Solutionscannot harass you over a debt. You have rights under the law, and we will stop the harassment once and for all.
THE BEST PART IS…
If violated the law, you will get money damages and they will pay your attorneys’ fees and costs. You won’t owe us a dime for our services. Plus, some of our clients also receive debt relief and cleaned-up credit reports. You have nothing to lose! Call us today at 888-572-0176 for a free consultation.
Who is Bull City Financial Solutions?
Bull City Financial Solutions is a debt collection/accounts receivable management service based in Durham, North Carolina. Founded in 1975 (according to the BBB), Bull City works primarily with companies in communications, education, finance, government, health care, and utilities. The agency may also use the names “J.L. Walston & Associates” or “Professional Credit Service” and is known to use “first-party” collection tactics, meaning its employees may not directly disclose over the phone that they are working on behalf of a collection agency, which can be unlawful under certain circumstances.
Bull City Financial Solutions’s Address, Phone Number, and Contact Information
Bull City Financial Solutions is located at 2609 N. Duke St. Suite 500, Durham, NC 27704. The main telephone number is 800-489-7999 and the main website is www.bullcityfinancial.com/
Phone Numbers Used by Bull City Financial Solutions
Bull City Financial Solutions may be calling you from:
Bull City Financial Solutions Lawsuits
If you want to know just how unhappy consumers are with Bull City Financial Solutions, take a look at the lawsuits filed against the agency on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (“PACER”). PACER is the U.S.’s federal docket which lists federal complaints filed against a wide range of companies. A search for the agency will display 13 lawsuits filed in eight states, most of which involve violations of consumer rights and/or the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Bull City Financial Solutions Complaints
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is a federal law that applies to everyone in the United States. In other words, everyone is protected under the FDCPA, and this Act is a laundry list of what debt collectors can and cannot do while collecting a debt, as well as things they must do while collecting debt. If is harassing you over a debt, you have rights under the FDCPA.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) protects you from robocalls, which are those annoying, automated, recorded calls that computers make all day long. You can tell it’s a robocall because either no one responds on the other end of the line, or there is a delay when you pick up the phone before a live person responds. You can receive $500 per call if violates the TCPA. Have you received a message from this agency that sounds pre-recorded or cut-off at the beginning or end? These are tell-tale signs that the message is pre-recorded, and if you have these messages on your cell phone, you may have a TCPA case against the agency.
The Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA) protects electronic payments that are deducted from bank accounts. If took unauthorized deductions from your bank account, you may have an EFTA claim against the agency. , like most collection agencies, wants to set up recurring payments from consumers; imagine how much money it can earn if hundreds, even thousands, of consumers electronically pay them $50 – $100 or more per month. If you agreed to this type of reoccurring payment, the agency must follow certain steps to comply with the EFTA. Did continue to take electronic payments after you told them to stop? Did they take more money from your checking account than you agreed to? If so, we can discuss your rights and potential case under the EFTA.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) works to ensure that no information reported to your credit report is false. In essence, it gives you the right to dispute those inaccuracies that you find on your credit report. We’ve handled many cases in which a debt collection agency reported debt on a consumer’s credit report to obtain leverage over the consumer. If is on your credit report, they may tell you that they’ll remove the debt from your credit report if you pay it ;this is commonly known as “pay for delete.”If the original creditor is on your report rather than the debt collector, and you pay off the debt, both entities should accurately report this on your credit report.
Several states also have laws to provide its citizens an additional layer of protection. For example, if you live in California, Florida, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, or Wisconsin, you may be able to add a state-law claim to your federal law claim above. North Carolina, for example, has one of the most consumer-friendly statutes in the country: if you live in NC and are harassed over a debt, you may receive $500 – $4,000 in damages per violation. We work with a local counsel in NC and our NC clients have received some great results in debt collection harassment cases. If you live in North Carolina and are being harassed by a debt collector, you have leverage to obtain a great settlement.
How do we Use the Law to Help You?
We will use state and federal laws to immediately stop ’s debt collection. We will send a cease-and-desist letter to stop the harassment today, and if Bull City Financial Solutions violates the FDCPA, EFTA, FCRA, or any state law, you may be entitled to money damages. For example, under the FDCPA, you may receive up to $1,000 in damages plus actual damages. The FDCPA also has a fee-shift provision, which means the debt collector will pay your attorneys’ fees and costs. If you have a TCPA case against the agency, we will handle it based on a contingency fee and you won’t pay us a dime unless you win.
THAT’S NOT ALL…
We have helped thousands of consumers stop phone calls. We know how to stop the harassment and get you money damages. Once again: you will not pay us a dime for our services. We will help you based on a fee-shift provision and/or contingency fee, and the debt collector will pay your attorneys’ fees and costs.
What if Bull City Financial Solutions is on my Credit Report?
Based on our experience, some debt collectors may credit-report, which means one may mark your credit report with the debt they are trying to collect. In addition to or instead of the debt collector, the original creditor may also be on your credit report in a separate entry, and it’s important to properly identify these entities because you will want both to update your credit report if or when you pay off the debt.
THE GOOD NEWS IS…
If Bull City Financial Solutions is on your credit report, we can help you dispute it. Mistakes on your credit report can be very costly: along with causing you to pay higher interest rates, you may be denied credit, insurance, a rental home, a loan, or even a job because of these mistakes. Some mistakes may include someone else’s information on your credit report, inaccurate public records, stale collection accounts, or even being a victim of identity theft. If you have a mistake on your credit report, there is a process to dispute it, and my office will help you obtain your credit report and dispute any inaccurate information.
If a credit reporting agency violates its obligations under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), you may be entitled to statutory damages up to $1,000, and the credit reporting agency will be required to fix the error. The FCRA also has a fee-shift provision, which means the credit reporting agency will pay your attorneys’ fees and costs. You won’t owe us a dime for our services. We have helped hundreds of consumers fix inaccurate information on their credit reports, and we’re ready to help you, too.
Complaints against Bull City Financial Solutions
If you’re on this page, chances are you are just like the hundreds of consumers out there being harassed by Bull City Financial Solutions. Here are some of the BBB reviews and complaints against :
- “Absolutely, one of the most unprofessional companies I have ever dealt with. Having lived overseas for 4 years and while living abroad, Bull City Financial has been completely unreasonable about resolving a fraudulent account on my credit even with proof of that account is fraudulent. Customer service representatives and supervisors alike were rude, unreasonable, and unprofessional.”
- “I have contacted this company numerous times in regards to a fraudulent account on my credit report. I have never lived in the state that has this utility account. They have not helped me and seem to disregard me. I have been contacted about this account for the past 5 years from this company. I’m filing a police report for this identity theft and strongly thinking about taken further actions with this company.”
- “Bull City continues to victimize me by refusing to validate the alleged debt in timely manner, and also refusing to remove after investigating. I contacted Bull City on 8/3/2017 via certified USPS mail requesting debt validation, and a signature or contract showing this is my responsibility to pay. Bull City continues to refuse to validate the debt, yet reports inaccurate information to my credit file thus causing harm and character defamation. I have done everything on my end to begin clearing this matter up, to no avail I’ve received no help in the matter. Also the address that it’s reporting, I’ve never lived at that address. All around this is an inaccurate account that needs to be deleted from the credit profile immediately. Per FCRA, unvalidated accounts need to be removed immediately.”
Based on 28 reviews on Google, receives a 1.5-out-of-5 rating. Here are some of the reviews on Google:
- “This company LIES ABOUT CONTACTING YOU before they report to the credit bureaus. You will not get a single phone call or voicemail from them. The only thing they do is send one notice to your home in a plain envelope. They do not leave any voicemails, even though they claim to try to “collect debts.” A scam really. They probably dial the number and hang up and are sure to not leave any voicemails so you can’t call them back and try to get in contact to pay your debt. Worst service ever and good luck trying to talk to someone in an actual place of authority. Don’t talk to “Supervisor Amber” (who told me her name was Lauren at the beginning of the call and then said her name was Amber when I asked for it again) or “Jose” neither will assist you and both will lie about their attempts to contact you. “Supervisor Amber” also lied and said her “manager” was in a meeting and wouldn’t be able to speak to me. They’re lucky I don’t call every day until I reach him, if he even exists. These people are liars and scammers.”
- “Reported to the FTC for violating my rights. Called my number asking for someone who lived in my house before me. (Over a year and a half ago I’m still returning their mail) when I told them I’ve never been associated with that person the agent called me a liar and hung up, I called back 6 times trying to speak with a supervisor! And they refused and called me a liar again!”
- “Reviewing my credit report, I saw a collections account from . The account was first reported on 12/2014. I didn’t live at the address of service at that time, I didn’t even live in the same state! I disputed this account NUMEROUS times with my CreditKarma account and they refuse to remove it from my credit reports. Seeing as this “collection agency” is considered from a utility company, I keep getting denied on applications to rent an apartment. I have filed a complaint with the BBB against this company. Needless to say this company is a piece of work to say the least!”
What Our Clients Say about Us
“Michael Agruss handled two settlements for me with great results and he handled them quickly. He also settled my sister’s case quickly and now her debt is clear. I highly recommend Michael.”
“Mike Agruss Law was very helpful, they helped me solved my case regarding the unwanted calls. I would highly recommend them. Thank you very much Mike Agruss!”
“Mike Agruss Law was very helpful to me and my veteran father! We were harassed daily and even called names for a loan that was worthless! Agruss stepped in and not only did they stop harassing, they stopped calling all together!! Even settled it so I was paid back for the problems they caused!”
Can Bull City Financial Solutions Sue Me?
Although anyone can sue anyone for any reason, we have not seen sue consumers, and it’s likely that the agency does not sue because they don’t always own the debt they are attempting to collect, and would also need to hire a lawyer, or use in-house counsel, to file a lawsuit. It’s also likely that the agency collects debt throughout the country, and it would be quite difficult to have lawyers, or a law firm, licensed in every state. However, there are collection agencies that do sue consumers; for example, Midland Credit Management is one of the largest junk-debt buyers, and it also collects and sues on debt. Still, it is less likely for a debt collector to sue you than for an original creditor to hire a lawyer or collection firm to sue you. If Bull City Financial Solutions has threatened to sue you, contact Mike Agruss Law as soon as possible.
Can Bull City Financial Solutions Garnish my Wages?
No, unless they have a judgment. If has not sued you, then the agency cannot get a judgment. Barring limited situations (usually involving debts owed to the government for student loans, taxes, etc.), a company must have a judgment in order to garnish someone’s wages. In short, we have not seen this agency file a lawsuit against a consumer, so the agency cannot garnish your wages, minus the exceptions listed above. If has threatened to garnish your wages, contact our office right away.
Bull City Financial Solutions Settlement
If you want to settle a debt with Bull City Financial Solutions, ask yourself these questions first:
- Do I really owe this debt?
- Is this debt within the statute of limitations?
- Is this debt on my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will remove it from my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will the original creditor remove it from my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will I receive confirmation in writing from for the payment and settlement terms?
These are not the only things to consider when dealing with debt collectors. We are here to help you answer the questions above, and much more. Whether it’s harassment, settlement, pay-for-delete, or any other legal issue with Bull City Financial Solutions, we at Mike Agruss Law are here to help you.
Top Debt Collection Violations
Debt collection laws provided a laundry list of what collectors can and cannot do while collecting a debt. Based on our years of experience handling thousands of debt collection harassment cases, here’s what collection agencies most often to do to violate the law. If Receivable Management Services has done any of the following, call us at 888-572-0176 or e-mail us at [email protected] You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
- Called you about a debt you do not owe.
- Called you at work after you told them you cannot receive calls at work.
- Left you a message without identifying the company’s name.
- Left you a message without disclosing that the call is from a debt collector.
- Called third parties (family, friends, coworkers, or neighbors) even though the collection agency knows your contact information.
- Disclosed to a third party (family, friends, coworkers, or neighbors) that you owe a debt.
- Contacted you after you said stop calling.
- Threatened you with legal action (such as a lawsuit or wage garnishment).
- Called you before 8:00 AM or after 9:00 PM.
- Continued to call you after you have told the collector you cannot pay the debt.
- Communicated (phone or letter) with you after you filed for bankruptcy.
- Failed to mark the debt on your credit report as disputed after you disputed the debt.
Share your Complaints against Below
We encourage you to post your complaints about Bull City Financial Solutions. Sharing your complaints against this agency can help other consumers understand what to do when this company starts calling. Sharing your experience may help someone else!
HERE’S THE DEAL!
If you are being harassed by over a debt, you may be entitled to money damages – up to $1,000 for harassment, and $500 – $1,500 for illegal robocalls. Under state and federal laws, we will help you based on a fee-shift provision and/or contingency fee, which means the debt-collector pays your attorneys’ fees and costs. You won’t owe us a dime for our services. We have settled thousands of debt collection harassment cases, and we’re prepared to help you, too. Contact Mike Agruss Law at 888-572-0176 to stop the harassment once and for all.