Stop Diversified Adjustment Services Harassment
Debt collectors like Diversified Adjustment Service, Inc. cannot harass you over a debt. You have rights under the law, and we will stop the harassment once and for all.
THE BEST PART IS…
If Diversified Adjustment Service violated the law, you will get money damages and Diversified Adjustment Service will pay your attorneys’ fees and costs. You won’t owe us a dime for our services. Plus, some of our clients also receive debt relief and cleaned-up credit reports. You have nothing to lose! Call us today at 888-572-0176 for a free consultation.
Who is Diversified Adjustment Service, Inc.?
Diversified Adjustment Service is a third-party debt collection agency based in Coon Rapids, Minnesota. Founded in 1981, the agency has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2015, but has received over 60 negative reviews and complaints via the BBB in the last three years, primarily for billing/collection problems.
Diversified Adjustment Service’s Address, Phone Number, and Contact Information
Diversified Adjustment Service is located at 600 Coon Rapids Boulevard NW, Coon Rapids, MN, and the P.O. Box is: P.O. Box 32145, Fridley, MN 55432. The main telephone number is 800-279-3733 and the main website is https://diversifiedadjustment.com/
Phone Numbers Used by Diversified Adjustment Service
Like many debt collection agencies, Diversified Adjustment Service may use many different phone numbers to contact debtors. For an advanced search, visit www.agrussconsumerlaw.com/ and click “Number Search” in the “Lookup” dropdown menu. Here are some phone numbers Diversified Adjustment Service may be calling you from:
Diversified Adjustment Service Lawsuits
If you want to know just how unhappy consumers are with Diversified Adjustment Service, take a look at the lawsuits filed against the agency on the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (“PACER”). PACER is the U.S.’s federal docket which lists federal complaints filed against a wide range of companies. A search for the agency will display over 270 lawsuits filed across the U.S., most of which involve violations of consumer rights and/or the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Diversified Adjustment Service Complaints
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is a federal law which applies to everyone in the United States. In other words, everyone is protected under the FDCPA, and this Act is a laundry list of what debt collectors can and cannot do while collecting a debt, as well as things they must do while collecting debt. If Diversified Adjustment Service is harassing you over a debt, you have rights under the FDCPA.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) protects you from robocalls, which are those annoying, automated, recorded calls that computers make all day long. You can tell it’s a robocall because either no one responds on the other end of the line, or there is a delay when you pick up the phone before a live person responds. You can receive $500 per call if Diversified Adjustment Service violates the TCPA.Have you received a message from this agency that sounds pre-recorded or cut-off at the beginning or end? These are tell-tale signs that the message is pre-recorded, and if you have these messages on your cell phone, you may have a TCPA case against the agency.
The Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA) protects electronic payments that are deducted from bank accounts. If Diversified Adjustment Service took unauthorized deductions from your bank account, you may have an EFTA claim against the agency. Diversified Adjustment Service, like most collection agencies, wants to set up recurring payments from consumers; imagine how much money it can earn if hundreds, even thousands, of consumers electronically pay them $50 - $100 or more per month. If you agreed to this type of reoccurring payment, the agency must follow certain steps to comply with the EFTA. Did Diversified Adjustment Service continue to take electronic payments after you told them to stop? Did they take more money from your checking account than you agreed to? If so, we can discuss your rights and potential case under the EFTA.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) works to ensure that no information reported to your credit report is false. In essence, it gives you the right to dispute those inaccuracies that you find on your credit report. We’ve handled many cases in which a debt collection agency reported debt on a consumer’s credit report to obtain leverage over the consumer. If Diversified Adjustment Service is on your credit report, they may tell you that they’ll remove the debt from your credit report if you pay it;this is commonly known as “pay for delete.”If the original creditor is on your report rather than the debt collector, and you pay off the debt, both entities should accurately report this on your credit report.
Several states also have laws to provide its citizens an additional layer of protection. For example, if you live in California, Florida, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, or Wisconsin, you may be able to add a state-law claim to your federal law claim above. North Carolina, for example, has one of the most consumer-friendly statutes in the country: if you live in NC and are harassed over a debt, you may receive $500 - $4,000 in damages per violation. We work with a local counsel in NC and our NC clients have received some great results in debt collection harassment cases. If you live in North Carolina and are being harassed by a debt collector, you have leverage to obtain a great settlement.
How do we Use the Law to Help You?
We will use state and federal laws to immediately stop Diversified Adjustment Service’s debt collection. We will send a cease-and-desist letter to stop the harassment today, and if Diversified Adjustment Service violates the FDCPA, EFTA, FCRA, or any state law, you may be entitled to money damages. For example, under the FDCPA, you may receive up to $1,000 in damages plus actual damages. The FDCPA also has a fee-shift provision, which means the debt collector will pay your attorneys’ fees and costs. If you have a TCPA case against the agency, we will handle it based on a contingency fee and you won’t pay us a dime unless you win.
THAT’S NOT ALL…
We have helped thousands of consumers stop phone calls and we know how to stop the harassment and get you money damages. Once again: you will not pay us a dime for our services. We will help you based on a fee-shift provision and/or contingency fee, and the debt collector will pay your attorneys’ fees and costs.
What if Diversified Adjustment Service is on my Credit Report?
Based on our experience, some debt collectors may credit-report, which means one may mark your credit report with the debt they are trying to collect. In addition to or instead oft he debt collector, the original creditor may also be on your credit report in a separate entry, and it’s important to properly identify these entities because you will want both to update your credit report if or when you pay off the debt.THE GOOD NEWS IS…If Diversified Adjustment Service is on your credit report, we can help you dispute it. Mistakes on your credit report can be very costly: along with causing you to pay higher interest rates, you may be denied credit, insurance, a rental home, a loan, or even a job because of these mistakes. Some mistakes may include someone else’s information on your credit report, inaccurate public records, stale collection accounts, or even being a victim of identity theft. If you have a mistake on your credit report, there is a process to dispute it, and my office will help you obtain your credit report and dispute any inaccurate information.
If a credit reporting agency violates its obligations under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), you may be entitled to statutory damages up to $1,000, and the credit reporting agency will be required to fix the error. The FCRA also has a fee-shift provision, which means the credit reporting agency will pay your attorneys’ fees and costs. You won’t owe us a dime for our services. We have helped hundreds of consumers fix inaccurate information on their credit reports, and we’re ready to help you, too.
Complaints against Diversified Adjustment Service
If you’re on this page, chances are you are just like the hundreds of consumers out there being harassed by Diversified Adjustment Service. Here are some of the BBB reviews and complaints against Diversified Adjustment Service:
- “This company has made incessant harassing solicitation phone calls regarding adjusting personal finances and “money owed” to third parties. When asked for information regarding their company, numerous Diversified representatives have simply asserted that it is "personal and confidential" information and they can't let the public know, followed by rather abrupt hang ups. Their harassing phone calls have taken place on personal phone lines and as of recent on our workplace phone lines. The company then tried the tactic of spamming our email to the effect of messages that state, "You can make just a small payment that is more in line with your budget and the matter will be done." Diversified’s harassing behavior and their wheeling and dealing mode of operation on fraudulent money owed has led us to file various complaints across several agencies. Please beware of this company lest they end up undermining your personal lives and professional livelihood.”
- “This company is reporting on my credit report that I owe $591. I do not owe this company, never had dealings with this company and do not have a contract with this company. I have never owed a Sprint bill either. I have never received a notice from this company and I have tried to get validation and documentation with no luck.”
- “I have spoken with them many times and had this company twice now hang up on me from two separate representatives while I'm trying to ask them questions about the debt in question. I haven't been rude or vulgar or even raised my voice etc....It is near impossible to work out an agreement with them when the reps just hang up on me. Those that haven't hung up on me have been extremely rude… I just wanted to go on record that they treat people horribly over the phone. Maybe something will come of it and they can treat others with a little more respect.”
Based on 110 reviews on Google, Diversified Adjustment Service receives a 3.1-out-of-5 rating. Here are some of the reviews on Google:
- “I paid a debt to them and they did not report that to the credit bureaus. Along the way of trying to pay the debt, their rude phone people would hang up on me when I asked any questions like if they will actually report the debt paid. Should've known better about these people. Reported to the BBB. I still get harassing calls from them for the same debt. I'm moving up to federal agencies.”
- “If I could give this company a negative star I would. I have emailed their customer service email with no response, was just called a B**** today on the phone by one of your representatives, and my account is all of whack. Numerous reps said they will look into my account and call me because it is messed up and no one does. I have requested a supervisor numerous times and each time I get transferred to a voicemail.”
- “These people keep calling and harassing my daughter about a Sprint bill that she supposedly owes, we told them we don't owe Sprint. I called Sprint and verified that we don't owe them and the Sprint rep verified they don't even use Diversified Adjustment Service to collect their debts. This company evidently has a policy that allows their reps to be as NASTY and RUDE as they want to with no fear of being reprimanded, and to use whatever tactics they see fit to try and collect a bill whether it's legitimate or not… not everyone in this world is a bad person that's trying to get out of paying a bill. WATCH OUT FOR THESE PEOPLE!”
Cases We’ve Handled against Diversified Adjustment Service
I think you’ll agree when we say that threats and harassment from collection agencies can be pretty intimidating. However, we can stop the harassment and get you money damages under the law, and the collection agency will pay your attorneys’ fees and costs. Here are some cases we’ve handled against Diversified Adjustment Service:
- Brandon and Molly v. Diversified Adjustment Service – In February 2018, Brandon and Molly of Louisa County, Iowa, filed a claim against Diversified Adjustment Service for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Complaints consisted of frequent and harassing phone calls, including after the plaintiffs disputed owing the debt and requested that the calls stop.
- Ebony v. Diversified Adjustment Service – In November 2017, Ebony of Miller County, Arkansas, filed a claim against Diversified Adjustment Service for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Complaints consisted of frequent and harassing phone calls, including robocalls and persisting after the plaintiff requested that the calls stop.
- Michelle v. Diversified Adjustment Service – In December 2015, Michelle of Broward County, Florida, filed a claim against Diversified Adjustment Service for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA). Complaints consisted of harassing phone calls to the plaintiff’s cell phone, including after the plaintiff requested in writing that the calls stop.
What Our Clients Say about UsAgruss Law Firm has over 900 outstanding client reviews through Yotpo, an A+ BBB rating, and over 125 five-star reviews on Google. Here’s what some of our clients have to say about us:
“Michael Agruss handled two settlements for me with great results and he handled them quickly. He also settled my sister’s case quickly and now her debt is clear. I highly recommend Michael.”
“Agruss Law Firm was very helpful, they helped me solved my case regarding the unwanted calls. I would highly recommend them. Thank you very much Mike Agruss!”
“Agruss Law Firm was very helpful to me and my veteran father! We were harassed daily and even called names for a loan that was worthless! Agruss stepped in and not only did they stop harassing, they stopped calling all together!! He even settled it so I was paid back for the problems they caused!”
Can Diversified Adjustment Service Sue Me?
Although anyone can sue anyone for any reason, we have not seen Diversified Adjustment Service sue consumers, and it’s likely that the agency does not sue because they don’t always own the debt they are attempting to collect, and would also need to hire a lawyer, or use in-house counsel, to file a lawsuit. It’s also likely that the agency collects debt throughout the country, and it would be quite difficult to have lawyers, or a law firm, licensed in every state. However, there are collection agencies that do sue consumers; for example, Midland Credit Management is one of the largest junk-debt buyers, and it also collects and sues on debt. Still, it is less likely for a debt collector to sue you than for an original creditor to hire a lawyer or collection firm to sue you. If Diversified Adjustment Service has threatened to sue you, contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC as soon as possible.
Can Diversified Adjustment Service Garnish my Wages?
No, unless they have a judgment. If Diversified Adjustment Service has not sued you, then the agency cannot get a judgment. Barring limited situations (usually involving debts owed to the government for student loans, taxes, etc.), a company must have a judgment in order to garnish someone’s wages. In short, we have not seen this agency file a lawsuit against a consumer, so the agency cannot garnish your wages, minus the exceptions listed above. If Diversified Adjustment Service has threatened to garnish your wages, contact our office right away.
Diversified Adjustment Service Settlement
If you want to settle a debt with Diversified Adjustment Service, ask yourself these questions first:
- Do I really owe this debt?
- Is this debt within the statute of limitations?
- Is this debt on my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will Diversified Adjustment Service remove it from my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will the original creditor remove it from my credit report?
- If I pay this debt, will I receive confirmation in writing from Diversified Adjustment Service for the payment and settlement terms?
These are not the only things to consider when dealing with debt collectors. We are here to help you answer the questions above, and much more. Whether it’s harassment, settlement, pay-for-delete, or any other legal issue with Diversified Adjustment Service, we at Agruss Law Firm are here to help you.
Share your Complaints against Diversified Adjustment Service Below
We encourage you to post your complaints about Diversified Adjustment Service. Sharing your complaints against this agency can help other consumers understand what to do when this company starts calling. Sharing your experience may help someone else!
HERE’S THE DEAL!
If you are being harassed by Diversified Adjustment Service over a debt, you may be entitled to money damages – up to $1,000 for harassment, and $500 - $1,500 for illegal robocalls. Under state and federal laws, we will help you based on a fee-shift provision and/or contingency fee, which means the debt-collector pays your attorneys’ fees and costs. You won’t owe us a dime for our services. We have settled thousands of debt collection harassment cases, and we’re prepared to help you, too. Contact Agruss Law Firm at 888-572-0176 to stop the harassment once and for all.
Phone Numbers Used By Diversified Adjustment Services
No Comments submitted yet. Sharing your story will help others!
How Much Insurance Should Trucks Carry Under Federal Law?
Only Eight States Require Seat Belts on School Buses – Why?
Scott's Law: The "Move Over" Law
Fertile Ground for FCRA Claims: Employee & Tenant Background Checks
That “Frightening” Letter from a Debt Collection Agency Could Be for Overdue Library Books