University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign), Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with High Distinction, Minor in English, 2014
- Dean’s List
- Political Science Honors Program
- Pre-Law Honor Society
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2017
- Dean’s Honor List
- Vice President of the Chicago-Kent Justinian Society, 2016-2017
- CALI Excellence Award in Family Law, Fall 2016
- CALI Excellence Award in Land Use, Fall 2016
- VSAM 1040 Chicago
Admissions (State and Federal)
I am an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois since 2017. I have been continuously licensed in Illinois since 2017. I am admitted to practice in all state courts in Illinois.
I am also admitted in the following District Courts:
- Northern District of Illinois: admitted on November 23, 2020.
- Central District of Illinois: admitted on November 3, 2022.
- Western District of Texas: admitted on May 31, 2022.
- Southern District of Texas: admitted on November 14, 2022.
- Western District of New York: admitted on May 31, 2022.
- District Court of Colorado: admitted on December 9, 2022.
- Eastern District of Oklahoma: admitted on April 7, 2022.
Regarding my consumer litigation practice, I primarily help people with debt collection harassment, credit reporting problems, and consumer fraud issues.
Since joining Mike Agruss Law in February 2022, I have settled over 100 consumer rights cases. Since 2017, I have successfully arbitrated, mediated, and pre-tried about ten cases.
Prior to joining Mike Agruss Law, I clerked for an Illinois Appellate Court Justice for the First District for about two years. I then worked in private practice handling medical malpractice, wrongful death, catastrophic injury, and other personal injury cases for about two years. I tried an 8-day medical malpractice jury trial with co-counsel.
The following are my areas of expertise:
- Personal injury: car accidents, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, medical malpractice, truck accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog bites, slip/trip and fall, nursing home abuse or neglect.
- Consumer law: debt collection harassment; credit report errors; unfair and deceptive business practices. Our consumer rights practice is national, so we are able to help consumers across the country. We utilize state and federal laws that have fee-shifting provisions, meaning that the defendant we are suing has to pay our fees and costs. In other words, our clients never have to pay us to handle their consumer rights cases. In the last year alone, I settled over 120 consumer rights cases.
Professional and Charity Organizations
- From serving as the Vice President of the Chicago-Kent Justinian Society, I went on to serve on the Executive Committee of the parent organization, the Justinian Society of Lawyers. In 2021, I was elected to serve as the secretary of the Justinian Society of Lawyers. The following year I was elected to serve as the treasurer of the Justinian Society.
- I have been on the Scholarship Committee of the Diversity Scholarship Foundation (DSF) since 2017. The DSF assists underprivileged and under-represented students in attending law school. As a member of the Scholarship Committee, I help review the dozens of applications received by the DSF each year. The DSF hosts a Unity Award Dinner each year which is attended by over 500 lawyers and judges.
- On July 12, 2022, we volunteered at the Cradles to Crayons Chicago Giving Factory. Mike Agruss, Jim, Taylor, Jacki, and I helped sort and organize clothes for children from birth through age 12.
- On August 9, 2022, we did a backpack giveaway at Margaret Mead Junior High School. We are giving away 100 backpacks with supplies and water bottles to students to make sure their school year starts off on the right foot.
Notable cases and settlements
- Hall v. Austin et al.: In October 2022, Plaintiff’s family was struck and killed in a head-on collision. Taylor Kosla and I obtained the defendant’s policy limit of $300,000 in three months.