If you or a loved one has suffered a knee injury in an accident due to another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses, and we at Agruss Law Firm are here for you every step of the way to ensure that your rights are protected.
Here are some considerations for those who’ve suffered a knee injury in an auto accident:
- Knee injuries are among the most common types of injuries sustained in auto accidents;
- Total costs for a knee injury, such as an ACL injury, can exceed $10,000, which can be burdensome even for those who have insurance;
- Recovery periods for operations for serious knee injuries can last six to nine months, while less serious operations typically have shorter recovery periods.
And here are some of the common types of knee injuries:
- ACL tear – This occurs when the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears from the knee joint and can be quite serious as well as painful. They are known to occur among athletes and recovery can take three to six months, or potentially six to nine months if surgery is also necessary.
- MCL tear – This is a tear to the medial collateral ligament (MCL) which connects the lower leg and thigh bone. These tears are usually treatable with surgery, while some serious tears may never fully heal.
- Torn meniscus – This tear is typically caused by hyperflexing or twisting of the knee joint and symptoms include pain, swelling, and even what is described as “popping.” These injuries are usually treatable with therapy, but may require surgery in more serious cases.
- Knee fracture – This typically describes the breaking of the kneecap, which can occur at its top, bottom, or center, and can be quite painful. Knee fractures usually result from direct impact and cause bruising, swelling, and difficulty straightening the leg. Surgery may be required depending on the severity and exact location of the fracture.
For those who have suffered a knee injury at work and intend to file a worker’s compensation claim, remember: under Illinois law, you have forty-five (45) days from the date of the accident to notify your employer of your injury.
Surgeries for knee injuries can be expensive and rehabilitation can be long and grueling. These injuries can significantly disrupt one’s daily life and result in extended time away from work, lost wages, rising medical expenses, and lost quality of life. If you’ve been injured in an accident, you deserve to focus on your rest and recovery rather than financial obligations, and our experienced personal injury attorneys will work to ensure that you are fully compensated for the damages you’ve sustained.
We will ensure not only that you earn compensation, but also that it covers future expenses and losses as well as those in the present. The insurance company may offer you a settlement that seems sufficient, but it’s likely to be insufficient simply because the insurer is aiming to pay out as little as possible. Knee injuries can be very serious, and some can even threaten your ability to walk or exercise in the future, and when facing those risks, you want to be sure that your compensation fully covers future medical expenses and lost wages as well as those of the present. With an attorney on your side, your rights will be protected and insurers will not get away with failing to fully compensate you for your losses.
We at Agruss Law Firm are proud to serve our fellow citizens in personal injury cases, especially when you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, and we are fully committed to protecting your rights and ensuring that the other party is held legally accountable when negligence occurs. We will fight until the very end to ensure that you are fully compensated for all injuries and losses resulting from the accident, including medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering, and you won’t owe us a dime for our services.
If you or a loved one has suffered a knee injury in an accident due to another’s negligence, you need an experienced personal injury attorney. Contact Agruss Law Firm, LLC today for a free consultation. We are a Chicago-based personal injury law firm, and helping our clients is about counseling, advocating, and ultimately solving problems. With years of experience successfully representing the people and not the powerful, we will file your claim and take care of the insurance company, medical bills, property damage, and lost income. We will handle your case quickly and advise you every step of the way, and we will not hesitate to go to trial for you. Lastly, our personal injury lawyers are not paid attorney fees unless we win your case. Our no-fee promise is that simple. You have nothing to risk when you hire us – only the opportunity to seek justice.